City of Heroes: Victory

City Mod Installer (Released!)

Michiyo

Hello All!

I'm editing this post to announce the release of the City Mod Installer!

You can grab the application here: https://mods.cityofheroes.dev End users do not need to register on the site to download mods, just download the installer from the link on the page, unzip it somewhere, launch it and point it at your City of Heroes install. (By default it will look in C:\Games\Homecoming, as this is the default location that HC installs to.  If you've installed City elsewhere then just select that folder).  If it finds an existing "data" folder it will prompt you to rename that folder, otherwise your new mods may not work correctly.

image.thumb.png.6b7575709b1df4536ee0cbe9cf827328.png

Make sure you click Add to Launcher -> Victory Launcher
image.png.5aa3aed7974ccd3ae5cba5d173f35499.png

My tool uses a different method than previous tools.  Other installers put loose files in the data directory which the client uses to override.  Mine uses packaged data files that the client natively reads, but requires a change to your launcher.  The "Add to Launcher" option automates that, or you can just add

-assetpath assets\mods

To your custom launch parameters.

image.png

Currently the program is not digitally signed, so when you first run it (and after any updates to the program) you will have to allow the application to run if you have Windows Smart Screen enabled, code signing certs are expensive, and are difficult to get approved for, depending on how popular the tool gets I will try to get a code signing cert to stop the annoying dialog when you run it.

If you see the below popup when running the CityModInstaller program click the "More Info" link then click "Run Anyway"

SOLVED] Windows Defender SmartScreen prevented an unrecognized app error

Currently all of AboveTheChemist's mods are available, as well as my old enhancement standardization pack from live (I still need to update it for HC...).

Mod authors will need to sign up for an account on the mod site linked above, where they will then be able to upload their mods to the site.  The program has a utility built in to assist in packaging your mod into a .pigg for uploading to the site.  The website is VERY early in development, and will be updated ASAP to get full functionality available to creators, but I wanted to get this out into folks hands now.