City of Heroes: Victory

Launcher issues

Darvus Laan

I can't get the launcher to do much except give me errors. Fully removed and reinstalled. Issues remain.

Installer asks for install directory, so I use the default. Launcher installs correctly, but once launched, it does nothing. I clicked "Verify" and it said the install directory was empty and to fix it. Fixed it and got the error below:

image.png.97529fdc20df5a8b67bf8da87a7e0ba8.png

Clicking OK, then OK, then File -> Verify gives the same error.

Trying to select anything from the Manifest list gives this error:

image.thumb.png.41615b171ccf8676ea3ed05f5f40623f.png

Edited by Darvus Laan
clarity

On 2/1/2024 at 2:19 AM, Darvus Laan said:

I can't get the launcher to do much except give me errors. Fully removed and reinstalled. Issues remain.

Installer asks for install directory, so I use the default. Launcher installs correctly, but once launched, it does nothing. I clicked "Verify" and it said the install directory was empty and to fix it. Fixed it and got the error below:

image.png.97529fdc20df5a8b67bf8da87a7e0ba8.png

Clicking OK, then OK, then File -> Verify gives the same error.

Trying to select anything from the Manifest list gives this error:

image.thumb.png.41615b171ccf8676ea3ed05f5f40623f.png

This means that something is blocking the connection out to this website from the Launcher.  Usually that's some Anti-Virus, or FIrewall.  I've only been able to reproduce this by breaking the network connection of the launcher as it's loading.

I hadn't thought of that! However, I checked and even with a specific rule to allow connections, it's still happening. From what I can tell, the launcher is refusing to read the config.json file. All the settings are correct in there, but they don't show up when I open the launcher.

I've double-checked permissions on all relevant files and folders as well as the registry... unless there are missing lines or registry keys, it's all correct.

image.thumb.png.345d8562cdf4bf7a999c4b6190e4279e.png

image.png.2604f67680f9122a8409f09a76557e22.png

image.png.a1fbc191923b3033af399e3d47abeea6.png

For comparison, the Homecoming launcher works just fine. Both Victory and Homecoming are in the C:/Games/ folder. Permission settings are identical.