City of Heroes: Victory

Downloading files ... again

jacvid

So I downloaded the client, downloaded the files, created account and was in - loved it.  Created 3 characters (including my fav from the original game).  Last night, it seemed the servers were down - even the website was getting a 502 error.  This morning when I launch the client, it seems ok - but it's downloaded all the files again - what should the settings be in Settings on the Launcher?  I am assuming that I must have altered that last night and now I'm waiting.

The only time the launcher should download any files, is if the version number server side doesn't match the version number cached locally on the launcher's side, and even then it shouldn't re-download everything, unless all of the files don't match the hashes from the server.  There are no settings on the launcher that would cause this, other than the config.json file not being present.  The Website downtime yesterday was due to the core switch that the webserver and gameserver are connected to having power issues, those should be resolved now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

i am having a issue getting to play for the first time. i get this error:

c:/Games/Victory/assets/issue24/texVWorld.pigg: Fileheader extends past end of .pigg, probably corrupt .pigg file!  #178

Your data might be corrupt, please run the patcher and try again.

what should i do

On 1/6/2024 at 7:45 AM, Rascel said:

i am having a issue getting to play for the first time. i get this error:

c:/Games/Victory/assets/issue24/texVWorld.pigg: Fileheader extends past end of .pigg, probably corrupt .pigg file!  #178

Your data might be corrupt, please run the patcher and try again.

what should i do

I think I helped you in Discord too?  For future reference In the Launcher System -> Verify