City of Heroes: Victory

How to fix?

BeskarKnight

You've told the launcher to install to the root of your drive "C:\" which is bad (tm).     Open the launcher, click System -> Settings and change your install path.  Suggestions include "C:\Games\CoH" or, "C:\Games\Victory" or something.  Do not try to place this in any directory inside your user directory (No documents, downloads, desktop etc) and don't place this directly on the root of a drive, or directly in a folder on the root, so not "C:\Victory".  Personally I use "C:\Games\Victory" for my path.   Now once you've got your new folder made, and you've told Victory Launcher to use it, click System -> Verify, let it redownload, and you should be good.  However you're likely going to want to clean up the mess on your C:\ drive as well, so remove anything from there that matches with the contents of the folder you selected.

11 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

You've told the launcher to install to the root of your drive "C:\" which is bad (tm).     Open the launcher, click System -> Settings and change your install path.  Suggestions include "C:\Games\CoH" or, "C:\Games\Victory" or something.  Do not try to place this in any directory inside your user directory (No documents, downloads, desktop etc) and don't place this directly on the root of a drive, or directly in a folder on the root, so not "C:\Victory".  Personally I use "C:\Games\Victory" for my path.   Now once you've got your new folder made, and you've told Victory Launcher to use it, click System -> Verify, let it redownload, and you should be good.  However you're likely going to want to clean up the mess on your C:\ drive as well, so remove anything from there that matches with the contents of the folder you selected.

Thank you! I cleaned up my C:\ drive, and am redownloading. It's currently frozen at 27% on the download, on C:\paragonchat.exe

Gonna let it sit for a bit and hope it progresses.