City of Heroes: Victory

Tech issue

Celt

My son has downloaded the game and it has worked fine on the Score server.  Followed the directions and changed it to get to the Victory server, re-validated - he set up an account, the works.

He gets a very slow load up screen and it shows no servers, while mine immediately pulls up Paragon.

Anyone have tips?

• 4 weeks later...

After downloading Tequila I click play and get the following errors: "The code execution cannot proceed because cg.dll was not found." … cgGL.dll was not found" …. PhysXCooking.dll was not found"

I've tried redownloading several times but get the same error. In options I have https://cityofheroes.dev/manifest.xml chosen 

what do I nee to do?

Thanks,

All of the non pigg files are handled by other mirrors.  I know yesterday a lot of people were having issues with some of the mirrors serving corrupted files.  You might want to full close and relaunch Tequila, and hit validate to see if it's able to pickup good files.

• 3 years later...
19 hours ago, Nigthtsied said:

For some reason I can't edit my post.  I figured out the problem.  It was on my end.  I had tried the new CoH Modder Tool.  I added it to the Victory launcher.  When I removed the parameters it loaded fine.  My mistake. ?

As the Developer of the City Mod Installer (I assume you mean it, and not the old CoHModder), I'd be interested in the issue.  Did you tell the Mod Installer to use the correct City of Heroes folder? As if you "add to launcher" but the asset folder doesn't exist you'll get exactly the symptom you posted.