City of Heroes: Victory

slow frame rate

qqx76b

hey guys, I just just downloaded the game. but as soon as I enter the park my frame rate is so choppy and even having the quality all the way down will do nothing. I don't now the full specs of my PC but I can play wow on high quality and SWTOR on high no issues 

any advice  

6 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

What video card do you have?  City of Heroes uses an older graphics API "OpenGL", which is not well supported on integrated GPUs offered from Intel.  If you are using a dedicated graphics card do you know the model?

hello 

I have a intel (R) UHD graphics 620.

I'm not very computer savy, its all built in I cant get bits replaced  

Yeah, unfortunately, any of the 'intel (R) UHD graphics' options are going to have limited OpenGL support, and therefore limited ability to play City.  This is not something that can be fixed without re-writing the graphics engine from scratch with a more recent API, or Intel working to add better OpenGL support to their drives.

3 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

Yeah, unfortunately, any of the 'intel (R) UHD graphics' options are going to have limited OpenGL support, and therefore limited ability to play City.  This is not something that can be fixed without re-writing the graphics engine from scratch with a more recent API, or Intel working to add better OpenGL support to their drives.

is there anything you can suggest i can do 

The only real option is to not use the Intel Integrated GPU.  If you are using a laptop your options are VERY limited, unless you happen to have a laptop that allows for External GPUs over thunderbolt.  Otherwise you would have to get a computer with a dedicated graphics processor by nVidia, or AMD.