City of Heroes: Victory

Victory Downloader just sits there

beeperspeepers

I get this box when I open the launcher. After I click update it downloads a file and then this exact box pops up again. If I close it the game downloader appears but it doesn't download the game, just sits there. I also get another error box too, I attached the screenshot below this one. Help.

Capture.PNG.ff2207a8927af10c3a0468b08d168eb6.PNG

Capture2.PNG.353630e129cd0fc698cbf9f4095d933f.PNG

Edited by beeperspeepers
spelling

I just pushed a new build out that should fix the 2nd message you got 'Value does not exist' This was me mishandling not having a previous install via Tequila at all.  The 404 error in the updater screen is expected as I've not finished the script to take my commit messages and make pretty change logs yet. And the repeating update prompts are likely your AV catching the downloader as being suspicious, whitelisting the VictoryLauncher.exe should fix that issue. 

• 3 months later...

I just downloaded the launcher.  I did not have tequilla or Coh previously installed on this PC.  lets face it Coh ended almost 10 years ago so this is a newer laptop.  But anyways I click play and nothing happens.  Not sure what I am doing or if I did something wrong.  Was hoping I could get some advice to launch the game.

Untitled.png

On 9/29/2021 at 5:34 PM, Tybulldog said:

I just downloaded the launcher.  I did not have tequilla or Coh previously installed on this PC.  lets face it Coh ended almost 10 years ago so this is a newer laptop.  But anyways I click play and nothing happens.  Not sure what I am doing or if I did something wrong.  Was hoping I could get some advice to launch the game.

Untitled.png

Hello, sorry for not seeing this sooner!  Try hitting System -> Verify, this issue usually means the launcher failed to check the status of the local files for some reason.  Sometimes this is a permissions issue, other times it's just some odd interaction.  Make sure you're not trying to install to anything within your user profile, no C:\users\* folders, recommended paths are something like c:\games\Victory, or c:\games\COH or the like.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2021 at 10:54 AM, Andrios said:

Yeah I'm having a similar issue. Even hitting verify didn't seem to solve it. It kinda just sat there showing 100%.

Have you verified that you're running the latest version of the Launcher, that really sounds like a bug that was fixed in one of the very early launcher builds.  Try System -> Check for Launcher Updates, if that option doesn't exist delete your 'VictoryLauncher.exe' and redownload it from the Download Center 

Also make sure you are not renaming the program from VictoryLauncher to anything else, including if you have downloaded it multiple times and you're running 'VictoryLauncher (1)' or something.

19 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Have you verified that you're running the latest version of the Launcher, that really sounds like a bug that was fixed in one of the very early launcher builds.  Try System -> Check for Launcher Updates, if that option doesn't exist delete your 'VictoryLauncher.exe' and redownload it from the Download Center 

Also make sure you are not renaming the program from VictoryLauncher to anything else, including if you have downloaded it multiple times and you're running 'VictoryLauncher (1)' or something.

Even with the most recent version I still have this issue.

29 minutes ago, Andrios said:

Even with the most recent version I still have this issue.

System -> Settings -> Check Log, then close and re-launch the launcher.  It should open up a 2nd window that shows everything the launcher is doing.  System -> Verify wait for it to do its thing, then hit Play. Then copy everything out of the log window, and PM it to me please.