City of Heroes: Victory

Troubles with AE

M_Reaper

I've created a new character(Praetorian, to be specific) and tried to create a solo friendly AE farm. However, I didn't gain any experience from it when I published it.

The specifics are that the AE mission is called 'Lasagna' and one goes up against Skulls lieutenants with a single minion when they solo it. Is there something missing that I should've taken into account?

Edited by M_Reaper

After starting your AE mission, and killing a couple of guys I can't reproduce this.  I selected "Standard Rewards" when starting the arc.

You have defeated Skull Lasagna Thief
You gain 94 experience and 75 influence.
You received Catch a Breath.
You have defeated Gravedigger Slugger
You gain 28 experience and 13 influence.

I've tested the arc again(choosing Standard Rewards as usual) and it started giving me XP, but the problem happened again when I ran out of patrol XP.

You have defeated Skull Lasagna Thief
You gain 94 experience and 75 information.
You have defeated Gravedigger Slugger
You gain 13 information.

Edited by M_Reaper
Clarity

Update:

I've successfully replicated the problem on a hero character. This problem happens whenever any of my characters has 0 patrol XP. Outside of AE, I gain XP normally regardless of Patrol XP. I've even tried doing other people's farms and the same thing happens.

Got ya, ok this is related to a bug I've heard of on Homecoming as well then.  The fix is to change the XPScale on the server to give a boost to XP.  On the next reboot XP will be 1.01x just enough to let AE work, but not enough to change the game.